Saturday, December 15, 2007



Good Evening all!


Apologies for the Christmas tree being sideways but am too tired to faddle about trying to turn it!


HOWEVER! It is the first ever picture taken with our new digital camera this evening; I am very proud of myself for having sorted it all out and loaded the programme on etc etc!


No doubt lots of other photos will follow...!


Other news of interest....I took Theo (and Dom) to the Crete Aquarium today. It was great; very big and well laid out. My favourite was the Jellyfish; white, ghostly see through; very pretty actually. Theo loved the turtle (found injured on a beach here and being nursed back to health, before release into the wild).


He was very nervous about approaching the shark tank at first but soon became brave enough to come close! He also enjoyed the cafe and the gift shop; although he ended up choosing a moose and a bear figurine (work that one out!).


We then went to Macdonalds; not many people have to drive over an hour to one of those! It was HORRIBLE. To be honest, I was glad when Dom refused to touch it and even Theo didnt finish it. Last time for me I think. The food in tavernas here is so tasty and fresh; even the children have worked it out!


Then to cap off Theo's special day out, I took him to a pet shop; hey, bit different here than in the UK. They had; yorkshire terriers, a Jack russell, a rotteweiler and a boxer puppy. Other species included a white owl, a ferret and a chameleon (which was my fave; cute little ball eyes swivelling suspiciously in all directions and a tail like a licorice wheel).


For sometime Theo has been angling for a 'first' pet....So what did we get? Shall I leave you hanging on ala Dallas 'to be continued"!!?? No, too mean. We purchased with great ceremony, a.................GOLDFISH.


His name is Shadow and he has a red plastic strawberry cup for a house (Theo's choice; the minds of a five year old; unfathomable!

No comments: