Sunday, April 12, 2009

DONKEY SANCTUARY ANATOLI

A very big thank you to Alistair and Suzanne who run the donkey sanctuary in Anatoli.
We had a lovely day.

A beautiful hours drive (despite Theo being horribly car sick!!) Wonderful donks, a lucky rabbit living in a converted bedframe, one noisy goat, assorted dogs and a tiny puppy who almost made it into my handbag.

The children loved their rides esp. Dominic who was entranced by his 'hooorsesss' as he calls them!

A new venture for Alistair and Suzanne this year is camping amongst the donkeys; so we have promised Ella and Theo a weekend stay complete with bangers and beans, ghost stories and a picnic ride out the following day; Dom will have to wait; I wouldn't dare sleep a wink with him in a tent!! Next year perhaps....
xx
Leonie









4 comments:

Gefferz said...

Looks like you had a great day. Love to all x

Gefferz

Jude said...

I want to go..
I want a donkey..
I want to go camping....
I know, 'I want, never got!'
How much is it to get in?
Did you like my cushion?

Cretemum said...

Hiya Geoff!
Hope you guys all well; are you coming on over this year??!!
xx L

A Little House in Crete said...

Hi, delighted to find another Crete blog by following a link from Jane's pages. Great to have small slices of cretan daily life to view from here in the UK.

We have a small place under renovation near Sitia, but for now have to stay here to work. Μια μέρα.......